Monday, August 11, 2008
Teacher in Service
The day before the students start, us teachers started the day with building wide meetings. It was nice to meet everyone at my Tues, Weds, & .5 Thursday school (my "home" school.) However, I was unable to attend meetings at the other four schools. I got loads of informative papers; emergency plans, schedules, class lists, etc. After the meeting, I mingled with other staff members and worked in my room before going to lunch with six other teachers. When we got back I went to a district wide art teacher meeting. It was nice to finally be with all the art teachers, eight total for elementary and middle school! Our art advisor had all sorts of goods for us to bring back into our classrooms, including digital visuals and huge portfolios for storage purposes! I wrapped up my first official day as a professional by going to my Monday afternoon classroom with the teacher I share the space with and I finally, went back to my "home" school to wrap up loose ends before the students come tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG ! 5 schools. youre crazy lady! im going to start my 'first year teaching' blog when i get some internet up in my place. hope your first week goes well. im sure youre doing great already. peace peace peace. dustin
Post a Comment