I have been to 3 of my 5 schools in the first four days. My classrooms are slowly becoming places where I feel my teaching can flourish, with the cooperation of hundreds of students of course. I literally have around one-hundred different kids every day of the week! Learning names is overwhelming, although important in gaining control with the students.
One teacher left me butter cookies in my mailbox this week with a little welcome note! Several teachers have stopped in my room at the end of the day to see how things are going for me.
Fridays, I will am in a small school hidden in the "hills and hallars" of the country side, with one section of each grade. The building is new-this is the second year in it. The art room is really nice with tons of storage and vaulted ceilings! Friday classes tend to be more chaotic and louder and that proved to be true this past week! There is a different dynamic to the country school that I am sure will prove to be interesting as the year chugs on!
1 comment:
Good to know we have a great art teacher with great new ideas teaching our future. :) So proud of you!!
Post a Comment